The Monastiraki Flea Market

To make the perfect Sunday,

have a slow breakfast of
Greek yoghurt so thick you can slice it
tomatoes from Crete
honey from Santorini
creamy eggs laid by happy Greek hens
bacon!
Greek cheese pastries

a double espresso
AND a
moccacino.

Then stroll down to the square and feast your eyes on the STUFF and the interesting people ogling it.

Resist the temptation to buy anything,
and don't give the gypsy children playing the accordion  any money.

Take stealth photos.

Then grab a seat at the street cafe, order a Greek coffee thick and sweet and watch the sun set over the Acropolis.










For Mandy

For Janie

For me


http://seasonalcookinturkey.blogspot.com/2011/12/sahlep-wonderful-turkish-winter.html

Salep - a drink made from Orchids!


For Lizz

for me

also for me!

me me me!

the graffiti on the bench reads "rebel"


sigh contentedly

Comments

Unknown said…
Awesome pics Dalene. Didn't c yr rugs thou ;)
Unknown said…
Awesome pics Dalene. Didn't c yr rugs thou ;)
windowongeorge said…
Ah, Lisa, you will have to come and visit me in George to see and walk barefoot on my carpets. They are lying-a-waiting and have arrived safely from Athens :)

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park