Home is where the heart, and Mom, is.

My grandmother loved flowers and she loved making clothes.
My mother loves flowers and she loves needlework.
I love flowers and I love making things, too. 
These gifts have been handed down to my daughter as well.

When I lived in Taiwan, my mother spent nearly a year there with me.   She was inspired by the colours and flowers and fruit and vegetables, the mountains, the sea, the buildings.   
She painted.   She sewed.   She knitted.   She crocheted.  She taught my daughter to make bobbin lace.
Her hands are never idle.

Here are some of her muses, inspiration, design processes and creations.


Persimmons, Figs and Cabbage for Autumn






The Atayal tribal weavers and their multi-coloured textiles











Turquoise and red, traditional Chinese colours.




Traditional Puli huts


Gods at Tong Shiao



Blue Mountains in Taroko Gorge



Dankie, ouma Mavis!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park