A walk through Quarry Bay Park


The Western entrance of Quarry Bay Park is right outside my flat.
These Strelitzias, however are in a flower bed just before you
go through the gates.
I am very tempted.


A



Once through the gates, a riot of colour awaits...













Petunias always take me back to my first ever garden in Pretoria.
I planted them amongst my roses, under the Jacaranda trees.



I simply adore the way the Bleeding Heart changes from white to purple as it bleeds...





I saw the Bleeding Heart Vine for the first time in Grandma Huang's garden in Taiwan.
I lived in her log-cabin style cottage, surrounded by mostly white, fragrant flowers and shrubs.
From lilies to jasmine, lady of the night to roses.
Indian Almond trees lined the drive-way,
And rice paddies stretched behind the back verandah, right around the house
to the front.  I often watched the sunset over the rice paddies from my classroom door.
Grandma Huang only spoke Taiwanese.  I could only speak a little Mandarin.
But we both spoke the universal language of Flowers.




I needed the walk desperately.   
I grappled with a dilemma, and had to clear my mind.
I had to breathe, be near water.
The palm trees seemed to dance in a wind that I could not see or hear.













Follow the path by taking it step by step.



I like to think of these climbers as garlands of hearts that embrace the trees.

















Green and Gold marigolds were glistening in the setting sun.



Hearts and Circles.

Good Feng Shui shapes.

Comments

Florez Nursery said…
Your photos have the wow factor so early in the morning and an interesting story as well
windowongeorge said…
Thanks, Ian. I was up till about 2am, I suppose just about sunrise for you down under!
Enjoyed my visit and the many photos you posted. Life here on the shores of Lake Michigan in USA is a little different so it is nice to see your view of the world. Jack
windowongeorge said…
Hi Jack, I've never been to the USA, but will check out your blog too.
HELENE said…
Hello Dalene, I enjoyed your photos from your walk in your 'garden', such a different view from when I take a walk in my garden! I live in London, UK, and we have winter here at the moment, though that doesn't mean I haven't got flowers in my garden. Come for a walk in my garden, and you'll see for yourself :-)
Take care!
windowongeorge said…
Hi Helene, I have indeed taken a walk through your garden, looked at your books, gingerbread houses and listened to your music. Thanks for the invitation, I will visit soon again.

Popular posts from this blog