Stormy skies and moody blue hydrangeas


Came rain or shine, trusty Lamma island always delivers quaint photo opportunities.














Back on terra firma, I simply have to walk past Flannel Flowers and delight in the daily display.
Hydrangeas were on the menu on Sunday, as well as the most magnificent maroon peonies.
I have never seen this colour before and was sooooooooooo tempted to buy just one
stem.   But at $150 HK each I had to resign myself to photographing them.

I did, however make my first ever purchase at Flannel Flowers:
2 baby Maidenhair ferns.
They are infamously temperamental and dislike being disturbed.
So I have to select their spot carefully.

The hydrangeas were spectacular.




Peonies 



More beautiful hydrangeas


The biggest thistle I've ever seen.

I'm going to try and crochet an orchid.

I feel a tea cosy coming on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park