Remember Review Renew

Since coming to Hong Kong nearly 5 years ago, I've gone home every summer, except one year when my children came to visit me instead.
Which means that I've had 2 winters per year.
So I reckon "one day" when I retire, I will come to Hong Kong every winter, so that I can have 2 summers per year.

This was a milestone summer/winter for me in so many respects.  Coming face-to-face with people from my past sort of put my whole life into perspective.   
Closure.   Move On.
And then the door opens and new people walk into one's life.

It was also a blessing to spend time with my 80-year old mother who is still going strong, 
the man my son has become, who walked with me through the entire Company Gardens,
the sixty-year old softy my sis has become,
her husband and their sons, 
the grand children
and last but not least
my daughter, who despite all her travels and packed holiday schedule, still managed to spend a few days at home with me in George.

Thanks to everybody who made an effort to come and see me, offered lifts, cooked delicious meals, shared a glass of wine or Sparletta Cream Soda (!) lent their cars, picked up parcels at the post office, took care of me during my two eye operations, and a very big hug and thanks to Malcolm and Mandy for their input, support, encouragement with the renovations at SP.

Couldn't have done it without you!

Love you all.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park