Trick and Treat



As far as I know, aubergine is a colour.
Eggs are white or brown.
Oval in shape
Eggplants/aubergines
We have come to know both.
But seriously.
Green aubergines?
Spotted not at an upscale, high-end, import-only supermarket,
no no no
Just your regular, low-end, very local, wet and dry market,
next to my school.



 And no, they are not "green" as in "unripe".
Ready to eat, just like their brothers and sisters:





What do we have here?   

Some oranges, some mandarins, some yellow tomatoes maybe?
Well, actually the one in the middle is a persimmon.
The greenish fruit is ?




scroll down, this is a test!



s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s




Green oranges?
Yellow oranges?
Unripe oranges?




These Chinese mandarins are fully ripe and never turn orange.
They are simply delicious 
and are coming into season now until Chinese New Year.





Okay, this is easy! It' an apple!   All the way from the fairest Cape.









So where would you say these are from?





Taiwan and China.  And no, they aren't apples.
Pears.   Crispy and Juicy.



These are also from Taiwan. Also crispy and juicy.     WhaddayaTHINK?! Napoleon Dynamite??


They are GUAVAS.



Next question:

Complete the following sentence:

I went to the market and I saw  ________   and  __________ .




Garlic chives  and  green beans.




This is so much fun, I'm getting carried away!

Multiple Choice



A           zucchini

B         courgette

C         cucumber

D   prickly gourd






Frankly, I don't know.  I guess ALL OF THE ABOVE. hahaha




Here is the last question.

What is this and why is it for sale at a market?




It's made of paper.
It is burnt at funerals.
To ensure that you can still enjoy the same indulgences in the afterlife.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Florez Nursery said…
Hi Dalene,
Wonderful post !!! You are making me laugh while cooking dinner. What are those little prickly cucumber/zucchini things .All looks so fresh yum
cheers Ian
windowongeorge said…
I will buy some tomorrow and do a taste testing. I just hope they're not related to the bitter gourd which I detest!
Enjoy your dinner

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park