Confessions

Forgive me, it's been two months since my last confession...

I no longer work and live in Hong Kong.   My kitchen window is no more.    I don't live high in the sky any more.   I don't have a view of the mountains any more.    


I went to George for a month.   Sat on my deck, saw the mountains at close range.  Interacted with the wild life in my back yard:   peacocks, guinea fowls, weavers, forked-tail drongos, hadidas, doves, buzzards, dogs, cats, tortoises, and even a mysterious hedgehog.   I looked at the mountains.   I looked at the trees.  I made fires.   I cooked.   I drank wine.   I hung my washing on my own line, in sunshine.
My son and my daughter visited.

I went to Port Elizabeth to see my mom and reunite with my school friends of 40 years ago.
Surreal!
Inspirational!
Old friendships were cemented, new ones established.

I left PE for Pretoria to kick-start my new adventure to work and live in Saudi Arabia.
A vicous circle of police clearance certificates, visa agents, street hustlers, guardian angels, embassies, rental cars, accommodation arrangements, shuttle buses, gautrains, lifts, shopping, suitcase-hopping and banking services ensued.

It has now been a month and I am still waiting for my visa and plane ticket.

I have been given the gift of time.

I saw old and dear friends,
and had time to listen.

I visited two beautiful old towns for the first time in my life and met new friends.

I saw my favourite teacher again and he re-affirmed what I always knew:
A teacher is loved not for what he or she says, but for what he or she IS.

And I learned the same important life lesson again, for the umpteenth time:

Get your priorities straight,
your intentions pure
and then just Go With It.

And take time to smell the roses and feel the sunshine on your shoulders.

I am now thinking of a new tag line for my blog.   
Any suggestions?

And, no.   No pictures this time.


Comments

Florez Nursery said…
'Just Go With' sounds inspirational

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park