Jump!

and the net will appear.
But if you hover on the edge of the cliff, waiting, anticipating, yearning, wishing, dreading, hoping, 
you may never leave or change.

So here I am in Incredible India.
Mumbai, Bollywood, city of Dreams.

It was quite a jump.

I was too scared to venture into the streets at first.   I was thankful for a car with a driver.  And welcomed being stuck in the awful traffic.    All I had to do was roll down the window and start shooting.    There are too many moments to capture.  One needs a lifetime in India, it seems.




I don't know if the mistake is intentional.   Maybe they want to be different to Made in China.







Traffic is insane.  The noise level unbearable!






I don't see as many cows as I was hoping for... but my favourite street has 2 resident goats.






There is colour everywhere, usually in stark contrast to the grey and very dirty buildings and streets.





Flowers.  Holy.   Sacred.  















And then there's the food...   and the spices...   and the aromas...  
I'm not scared of the traffic any more.  I'm used to the incessant honking and hooting of the rickshaws, taxis, cars, trucks, scooters, bikes and even bicycles now.     It helps that there is a famous street market on our doorstep, of course.   But I am now very brave and have walked 4 or 5 blocks away to the nearest supermarket and mall, dodging the traffic, and trying to be as unblonde as possible...
But the highlight of the week is when we go to our local fruit and vegetables market on Sundays.  Unless there is a Champagne Brunch - free flow please - to be had, of course.


Trying to blend in for my first solo walk to the market

Okra
Coriander, in cotton
Peanuts
Bombay carrots

Gooseberry
Turmeric






































And then you have the pomegranate, of course.   And supersized Nutmeg.



Have you every bought a dozen eggs in a brown paper bag?



I think I'm going to love India.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park

Pretty in Pink, Beautiful Blues